New to the Community

Options
Jules62
Jules62 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone,

I've just joined the community and wanted to say hello, I was first diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in my thirties but had no skin psoriasis. After many years it went into remission and I stopped taking Methotrexate completely.

Six years ago, when I was 56 it came back with a bang ! I was then re diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis and eventually it was controlled again by taking Methotrexate.

I am now on weekly 17.5mg methotrexate injections but find that I have to be careful not to do much as the fatigue can really hit me. I find this now to be the most frustrating thing to deal with. Probably got a lot to do with my age, it never used to be an issue. Lol

Looking forward to sharing things with others in my situation.

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 979
    Options

Hi @Jules62 and welcome to the online community,

We’re a friendly and supportive group who have all experienced living with arthritis so I’m sure you’ll find plenty of helpful information looking through the posts and asking questions.

Fatigue is common for people with arthritis and be debilitating. Here’s some information from Versus Arthritis about how you can manage it, including some some help suggestions as well as when to speak to your GP.

Do have a look round the forum and join in wherever you feel comfortable.

Anna ( Moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Jane68
    Jane68 Member Posts: 30
    Options

Hi Jules62,

I'm 55 and was diagnosed last year with RA. I was put on Methotrexate but taken off it as it affected my liver and am now on Sulphalazine.

Like you I'm finding fatigue to be the most frustrating part of it. It seems so unpredictable and it's hard accepting it.