No one knows the pain

Options
Kingy75
Kingy75 Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hello iam new here iam 47 years off age I have arthritis since age of 32. I use to be over weight so I went to the gym to lose weight which I did I lost 7 stone in 6 months. One day I couldn't get out off bed so was brought to the hospital after the test they told me I had arthrites in both hips bone on bone both knees both shoulders. So if I knew i was gonna trigger arthrites off by going the gym I would off kept away. As time go's on I had my left hip done went ok then got my right hip done worst mistake I ever done. First I went down to the theatre got knocked out at 20 past 4 in the night and come back around at 8.46 cause they have left me that long after covid extra bone grew around the hip. Anyway when I come around after theatre. The next day I was in agony with my right knee the pain was haronders took me down for x Ray nothing else showed so sent me home for 4 weeks took my injections for 4 weeks like u do after the four weeks 3 days after I couldn't breath so went the doctors they said my pulse was a 174 and my oxygen levels was 62. They rushed me in after all the test only to be told that I have two blood clots one on each lung after more test the clots had damage my 2 heart valves. And while in hospital they told its in my hands now. After spending 10 days in hospital if knew my hip replacement would cause all this i would off left it i come home and a few weeks after hospital need the docs so went yesterday only to be told its in my feet. But at the end off day just got to pick myself up and always remember someone is worst off than u hope after u read this I hope it helps anyone best wishes phil king

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 979
    Options

Hello @Kingy75 and welcome to the online community,

It sounds like you’ve had a few ups and downs in your journey with arthritis. All our members have experienced living with arthritis so can understand some of what you’re going through. We’re a friendly group and keen to share advice and support and I hope that will be your experience too.

Losing weight and keeping a positive attitude is so important to live well, so well done for trying your best to pick yourself up after each setback. You might find the article below interesting - its some suggestions about other ways you can continue to live your best life:

Do have a look round the forum and ask any questions you may have , or join in conversations where you feel comfortable.

Anna ( Moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm