Turmeric

Options

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any information about the efficacy of turmeric and black pepper and who are the best suppliers in the uk

Tagged:

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,022
    Options

Hello @Lizzylid and welcome to the Community We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you are looking for information about turmeric and black pepper. Have a look at the following link from our website.

and

As with all supplements and complimentary treatments some may work for some people but not for others so please bear that in mind when trying other people's recommendations.

With best wishes

Peter (moderator).

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• FClayton
    FClayton Member Posts: 19
    Options

Turmeric has certainly made a difference for me and for my husband’s osteoarthritis. Much less pain & therefore more flexibility. We buy online as it’s cheaper.

• Redlady07
    Redlady07 Member Posts: 25
    edited 2. Sep 2023, 08:09
    Options

I have bought tumeric massage oil . Sceptical at first, but the reviews were good. Helps with should pain and back. More difficult bucause I can't reach my ankles where the worst pain is. Never taken it internally although know people who swear by it. I'd certainly like to know whether, and how, people take it internally.

I also use tigerbalm which is for muscular aches and pains. But not both at the snae time! That would be a smell sensation!

• NGW
    NGW Member Posts: 2
    Options

I've been using Turmeric for a while now and it does seem to help. Rarely use Ibuprofen now. Get mine from British Supplements. Do some research on dosage etc. From what I found high street shops selling Turmeric probably aren't going to be your best bet.

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 979
    Options

Sorry to interrupt your thread, but just wanted to say hi to new member @NGW, who has just posted for the first time.

Welcome to the online community - and thank you for contributing to the conversation with your personal experience. in your first post . Please do carry on posting and join in any conversations you feel comfortable.

Anna (Moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• jonr
    jonr Member Posts: 398
    Options

Hi @Lizzylid,

I research all supplements as thoroughly as possible before deciding whether to take them or not, Turmeric was one of these. Its interesting that it is actually Curcumin which is the part of Turmeric which has proven anti-inflammatory results so if you're researching a brand or blend, it's probably wise to look at a preparation which has a high percentage of Curcumin in it. Reason is that Turmeric has a sub-10% level.

This recent article is a good read:

https://www.arthritis.org/health-wellness/healthy-living/nutrition/anti-inflammatory/turmeric-wont-help-arthritis