Rheumatoid arthritis patient

Options

Two weeks ago I started taking methotrexate and folic acid. This week I am very pleased to tell everyone that I have no symptoms at all . Except for elation at ‘ feeling ‘ absolutely normal!!! Absolutely heavenly. Long may it last.

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 975
    Options

Great news - Long may it last indeed!

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Debonayr
    Debonayr Member Posts: 3
    Options

Fantastic to hear. After reading lots of scary comments about MTX this brings some reassurance and hope. I was diagnosed with RA today and prescribed this drug. So nervous and undecided whether to start it.

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 888
    Options

Hi @Debonayr and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have recently been diagnosed and prescribed Methotrexate, you might find the following article from our website of interest.

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Debonayr
    Debonayr Member Posts: 3
    Options

Now trying hydroxychloroquine. Still anxious as with all meds there are possible serious side effects. Need to do something as symptoms getting worse. Decided not to start methotrexate after doing lots of research. I know it works for many people but possible serious side effects caused me much anxiety and concern. See how I go.