Hello, new here

Options
Crash
Crash Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Just joined this site. I have osteoarthritis in my knees and Rt. Hip. Can’t afford surgery right now, and not sure if I want it at all! My age is 73 yrs. Was fairly active until the last 20-12 months. Just want conversation with others living with arthritis.

Tagged:

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hello @Crash and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have Osteoarthritis in your knees and right hip and looking for conversations with similar people. Well you are certainly in the right place for that. You also ask about surgery. Have a look through the following articles from our website which might help your decision.

and

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on, and I am sure others will be chatting soon.

Best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Fran54
    Fran54 Member Posts: 191
    Options

Hi @Crash

I have osteoarthritis in my right knee and both hips and like you was fairly active up to about 18/24 months ago. I try and manage it through exercises along with medication to help ease the stiffness and aching and pacing myself with various activities like gardening, walking etc. I am due to have a steroid injection in my knee later this month and am not really looking at having any knee /hip replacements at the moment. I have found this site to be a life-saver in that there are many helpful/friendly people on here who know what we are all coping with and understand we all have good and bad days and it's okay to have a moan! 🙂