Just diagnosed with knee osteoarthritis
Hi there 😊
I just wanted some advice, just been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my right knee.
I went to see my doctor as they ordered an X-Ray of my knee and it confirms osteoarthritis.
At first I felt quite sad, as I find it difficult to walk most days and the only thing my doctor has given me is codine (this makes me go to sleep as I cannot function on a daily basis if it took it most of the time).
My doctor didn't want to give any advice except look at exercise videos on YouTube.
I felt quite trapped because the pain is alot to put up with (feels like my knee is in a vice being cranked up)
I just wondered what anyone else does to cope?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe