Newbie - How to help my husband?
I'm brand new to Versus and brand new to the arthritic world!
My lovely, only-just-turned 40 is recently diagnosed with osteo arthritis. It's worse in his left knee, but also has it in his right knee and bow we think also his left hip.
He is miserable and in constant pain.
How do I help and support him and what questions should we asking the docs next?
he has had an arthroscopy on his left knee and is under physio for that. We're waiting for physio for the right knee. Just had an xray for the left hip.
He crawls up the stairs after a day at work. He doesn't sleep properly because if the pain. He's missed family days out because he can't walk far. He's had to give up playing rugby which was his passion!
Just want to help and no idea how! Supplements? Alternative therapies? Diet? I'll read it all! Please share what's working for you and links etc.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 669 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 220 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe