22 years old and painfully arthritic
I was diagnosed with RA about 2.5 years ago whilst at university and have been up and down with pain and medication since. I’m now being tested for SLE too and am currently off all medication while awaiting an MRI scan (and very immobile).
I’d like to know any tips and tricks people have for when their inflammation is particularly bad as codeine has been my doctor’s solution and I’m not too keen.
Also, I was heavily into bodybuilding style training before my diagnosis and have had to put all gym on hold since. This has affected my mental health MASSIVELY and I’m still recovering from the impact it’s had on my life.
Would love to hear from anyone who can relate!
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe