Building it up!

Options

Hello I am wondering if any of you with knee OA have been able to build up to 15k steps a day without flaring? The first time I had a flare I recovered so well that I could do 6 miles hikes with zero pain. The most recent flare has been more troublesome and I seem to be stuck at about 5 - 6k steps a day and two swims per day for almost 3 months now. My ortho says I likely did not make it worse as there was no palpable swelling. Every time I bump things up or try something new my knees get hot and stiff. No pain beyond minor soreness and at time non palpable swelling. Recently I have been able to handle hills well at the last! Thanks for listening!

Comments

• CarylW
    CarylW Member Posts: 274
    Options

Hello @Igcompdoc

Welcome to our online forum. We are a friendly group and I hope you will find it an interesting experience.

I understand that you have osteoarthritis in your knees and would like to build up the number of steps you can do each day. It sounds as if you are very active with two swims per day as well! You may find this article helpful https://www.versusarthritis.org/news/2020/july/exploring-the-relationship-between-sport-exercise-and-osteoarthritis/

Do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.

Best wishes

Caryl

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Igcompdoc
    Igcompdoc Member Posts: 7
    Options

Thanks for the article and the welcome! :)

its nice to read about others who have similar symptoms, so few people around me understand how I’m feeling (which is okay).