First Post - what happens about medication and dental treatment

Options
mnash
mnash Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hello, I have had RA for nearly a year - it seemed to take hold following my Autumn jabs (I had an extra one for shingles which may have done it). I have been on methotrexate for about four months at 15mg and it has helped greatly but I still can't walk properly due to pains in both ankles/feet. It has been suggested I increase the dose to 20mg but I'm having to come off meds to have a tooth out (my dentist says it has to be done surgically rather than a straightforward pull because of the infection risk) which is going to be a setback. Has anyone else had issues with dental treatment?

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,022
    Options

Hello @mnash and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have had RA for a year or so and have been on methotrexate for four months which seems to be helping which is good. Yes increased dose may help more, though as regards the dental treatment and stopping meds this is probably something you need to discuss with your consultant. I am sure that if any others on here have gone through similar they will ley you know. I have taken the liberty of changing the title of your post to reflect this. I hope you don't mind.

I have put the link to the Methotrexate info from our website below which might be of intrest.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect and share their experience as well.

With best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm