Options
Hayleymarie
Hayleymarie Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi ive just been told I have arthritis in hands and knees gutted to say the least but happy to know I've actually got something wrong i thought it was in my head lol

Comments

• Shirley23
    Shirley23 Moderator Posts: 25
    Options

Hi @Hayleymarie and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience.

I am sorry to hear about the pain you are experiencing in your hands and knees but I am glad that you now have a diagnosis. Arthritis certainly isn't all in your head! It sounds as if you may have osteoarthritis (OA). You can check this with your GP if you are unsure. Referral to a hand clinic may be worth considering or the musculoskeletal (MSK) service which includes physiotherapy. The right kind of exercise, eating a healthy balanced diet and maintaining a healthy weight can all help to make a difference to how you feel. NSAID gels or Capsaicin cream on prescription may help to reduce the number of pain tablets you are taking.

If you would like to have more replies to your post, you are welcome to repost on our Living with Arthritis forum which is a supportive space where you can ask questions and share experiences with others facing similar challenges.

I hope the information given below will be of some help. 

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their support and experience as well.

Best wishes,

Shirley23 (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Free Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm