Off sick

Options
MrsMitchell
MrsMitchell Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi, I’ve had arthritis since my mid 30’s. It has got progressively worse and I have been told I need a knee replacement. But. I’m classed as too young (at 58, nearly 59) and too big 😭. I am currently signed off work due to a major flare-up in my knee making me unable to walk. I am a Learning Support Assistant in a secondary school and I love my job. Now have to wait to see what they’re going to do …..

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 798
    edited 8. Sep 2023, 20:26
    Options

Hi @MrsMitchell

Welcome to the online community,great you have found us.

You write that you have had osteoarthritis since your mid 30s but it has got progressively worse and you have been told you need a knee replacement but you are classed too young to have one and too big.You have been signed off from work because of a flare up. You are waiting to see what they are going to do to help you.

here is a link that may help in the meanwhile.

Please let us know how you get on and do go onto our forums to chat to others it often helps and everyone

understands what you are going through as we all have different forms of arthritis and so will help you as much as we can to support your own arthritis journey.

take care and all the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm