Hello Invincibles

Options
Swagat
Swagat Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hello. I have recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis. As a result I had to get my left hip replaced . I am 43 so was a shocker in beginning but now I am in terms with it . I would love your advise to ensure I live the best life and protct other joints.

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 979
    Options

Hello @Swagat and welcome to the online community,

What a great greeting to all our members, and how accurate it is! All our members live with arthritis and through all the challenges find ways to stay positive, mobile and healthy.

You've just had a left hip replacement and are coming to terms with it. You'd like some advice to make sure you live your best life and protect your other joints. There are quite a few threads about life after hip replacement so do have a search through the forums - here's one of the threads from the Living with Arthritis forums:

You probably know that gentle exercise is key to a good recovery and also helps protect other joints. Versus Arthritis has an excellent series of exercise suggestions and videos that you might like to have a look at. If you scroll down the information page on hip replacement surgery I've linked to below, you'll find some good post-recovery exercises to begin with - no doubt you have others from your physio:

Best wishes,

Anna (Moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm