Work & Arthritis

Options
Moosie_1
Moosie_1 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi, my name is Kaleigh and I'm 37 years old. I have been diagnosed with Seronegative Inflammatory Arthritis recently and want to go back to work...However, my family don't feel it is right to do so at this stage as using walking stick and can't walk far etc (Was a Teaching Assistant). I feel very alone as no one supports what I want....Do I just apply for jobs and show them I'm able?

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 798
    edited 15. Sep 2023, 15:04
    Options

Hi @Moosie_1

Welcome to the online community,great to see you posting.

You write that you have recently been diagnosed with Seronegative inflammatory Arthritis and walking with a stick and want togo back to work as a classroom assistant but your family doesnt feel its right to do so at this stage.

You write that you would like try and show them you are able.i just want to say that my daughter is a teacher and at her school they have a lovely classroom assistant who also has several things wrong with her aswell as Seronegative Inflammatory Arthritis and when she is able she goes into work,but the school supports her to do this.

I dont know what your situation is with your school but it might be worth you finding out and negotiate with your family if its what you really want, i told you this as a word of encouragement for you,thev rest is up to you.

Here is a link that may help in some way.Please let us know how you get on and do go onto our forums and chat to others it often helps.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm