Newley Diagnosed with Osteoarthritis!
After two years of pain on and off I have been newly diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in my knees and more severely in my right hand which seems to have progressed rapidly this last 3 months leaving me with Heberdens nodes and chronic pain. I take Naproxen everyday which takes the edge of as it is much worse without it. I’m only 53 but was told my work is probably the cause of my hands 30 plus years of working with computer systems keyboard and mouse use ! The consultant asked if I had any plans to retire early!
As newly diagnosed I have informed my employer but not sure they really understand. Has anyone got any tips on working with Osteoarthritis? As the pain is getting worse everyday !
I can’t believe how rapidly this has progressed!
Any advice on how to deal with work, pain and living with this condition is very much appreciated!
Thank you !
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe