I'll not be beaten
Hi to all. I have recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis which perhaps accounts for the various aches and pains I have had for the last 10 years. Not been pleasant. However, I'll not be beaten.
A few years ago I kept falling of my bike as I did not have the balance or power in my back to assist with turning. I updated to an e-tricycle which requires good turning strength which unfortunately I now lack.
I still attend the gym and walk on the treadmill holding the bar and use the recumbent bicycle.
I retired last year and I try hard to keep myself moving. I am now 67 and I was hoping to achieve good and pain-free movement. It can be a challenge to bend down to play with my granddaughter which I can hopefully improve on.
I have been reasonably fit and healthy throughout my life but menopause was my downturn.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe