'World Gratitude Day'

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715

It is, according to a U.S. friend, World Gratitude Day. So here are a few things I'm grateful for:

Family and friends

The technology that keeps us in close touch however far apart

My bungalow with walk-in shower, seat and grab rails and riser recliner which works much better than I do.

Free medical cover. My medication alone would probably be unaffordable let alone the operations

The ability to still be useful to others despite a rapidly declining / declined body

The beautiful changing scenery of autumn. And winter, spring and summer.

Grocery deliveries

Laughter in its many forms of transport

Music, poetry, cricket, baseball, rugby

Phew! And that's just the start!

What are you grateful for?

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Love it - thanks for sharing this

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 529
    Options

Hi @stickywicket

I've not had a lot to be grateful/thankful for lately but I have a short list

I am grateful and thankful to the community here for supporting me this year. Your support has been invaluable and I have felt the arms of everyone here giving me hugs when things have been bad. Without your support I struggle to imagine how I would have coped.

I am grateful to my family for keeping me sane and wrapped in cotton wool lately. Especially my grandchildren who know how to cheer up their nutty Nanna.

I am grateful to the GP that I have now found that wants to look after me and sort me out - and he's keeping to his word. After the run in I had with another GP at the practice in May this is a tremendous relief.

I am grateful to my wonderful Physio at the MSK team in High Wycombe who on Monday told me she was referring me to the Hip clinic at the Chilterns Hospital. Not a NHS hospital but being funded by the NHS. She's sent me here as they have the shortest waiting list. Today I have received an appoinotment for 25th October! That's what I call service.

Love n hugs

Trish xx