New to this

Purplelady43
Purplelady43 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Just wanted to say thank you for letting me join.

I have osteoarthritis in my knees, shoulder and spine and I'm interested in if anybody eats certain foods to help with their condition.

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 368

Hello @Purplelady43 and welcome to the Community.

We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have rheumatoid arthritis and that you have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis is knees, shoulder and spine and looking for advice on how to manage. I am sure that others will connect with you to share their support, but in the meantime have a look at the following from our website.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure others will connect with you soon.

With best wishes

@Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• jonr
    jonr Member Posts: 418

Hello and welcome @Purplelady43

I've researched diet a lot over the last few months and yes, there are lots of things you can get into your diet to help with managing your condition. Most of these have anti-inflammatory properties and include the following:

Omega 3 rich food sources such as oily fish and eggs

Dark green leafy veg like Broccoli, Kale and Spinach

Onions and Garlic

Olives and Olive Oil

Some are available as supplements too

Foods to avoid include refined sugary things and white flour based products

As well as helping reduce inflammation they can form part of a healthy balanced diet too, so a double-whammy and many of the vegetables are classed as "superfoods" in their own right.

Hope this helps

jon