I've recently been diagnosed with Dermatomyositis

A few months ago I was diagnosed with Dermatomyositis and I would like to communicate with someone who also has the same condition. To just talk to someone who understands, feels what it is like.

Comments

• Shirley23
    Shirley23 Moderator Posts: 25

Hello @Roscoe1 and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience too.

I am sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis of Dermatomyositis. This is one of the main types of Myositis. When you are first diagnosed with a new health condition it can be an anxious time and you may have lots of questions you want to ask about the condition, what to expect, treatment and how to manage your symptoms. It can be really helpful to be in touch with others living with the same condition facing similar challenges who, as you said, understand and feel first hand what it is like.

If you would like to have more replies to your post, you are welcome to repost on our other forums as well, including Say Hello, and Chat to Helpline. Our online community is a supportive space where you can ask questions and share experiences.

I hope you find the information below of some help.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their support and experience as well.

Best wishes,

Shirley23 (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Free Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,760

Hi,

I'm sorry about the diagnosis. I put 'myositis' into our search engine and some old threads came up. That apart, I'm sorry I can't help. I have RA and O.A . .https://community.versusarthritis.org/search?domain=all_content&query=myositis&scope=site&source=community

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright