Just a post to introduce myself really…..
I have palindromic rheumatism and I don’t know anyone in real life who has this type of arthritis. I can have weeks or even months without any symptoms and then they can come out of the blue and without warning and affect different joints each time - so I may have swollen fingers on one occasion, then a painful knee next time and painful feet the time after that.
I have had x-rays and scans and these show no joint damage and when I don’t have symptoms I can do normal things like running so I always worry people won’t believe I have a type of arthritis and also that I will come across as a bit of a fraud compared to people with more severe types of arthritis.
Just wondering if there is anyone around with the same condition as me, apparently it’s quite rare.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe