Dish Diagnoses

Options
Kgray4
Kgray4 Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hello everyone,

My husband has recently been diagnosed with DISH and suffers really bad pain and stiffness in his back and neck. He is struggling a bit mentally with the diagnosis as he was hoping for a diagnosis of something which is treatable. I am looking for advice from other sufferers on managing his symptoms along side his pain relief? I found a support group online but it’s American so was hoping for something closer to home.

Comments

• Louisa77
    Louisa77 Administrator Posts: 252
    Options

Hi @Kgray4

Welcome to our Online Community.

I've shared some info of the condition DISH which I hope will be helpful

and also some info our support in your area so you can see if there are any Versus Arthritis support groups local to you

Here are also some other discussion on here about DISH - Versus Arthritis

Best wishes

Louisa

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options

Hi @Kgray4

We will support you even those who don't have the same condition as your husband. DISH is a form of Arthritis and we all understand that and pain restricted movement etc.

Please don't feel alone everyone here will help if they can ((()))

Toni x

• Liz22
    Liz22 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi @Kgray4

My husband is in exactly the same boat having been told he has the DISH condition at an appointment on 2 October. We were quite taken aback and now have lots of questions. We are trying to get a follow up appointment with the Consultant.

The questions we have are around time scales, ie how quickly will his condition deteriorate? Are we talking months or years. He has it in his neck and they said it will impact swallowing but again we don’t know when and what options/assistance will be available.

He is being referred to the Pain Clinic so hopefully they may be able to help.

I would be happy to chat and we can share our experiences and perhaps help each other. Liz

• Liz22
    Liz22 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi @Kgray4

My husband is in exactly the same boat having been told he has the DISH condition at an appointment on 2 October. We were quite taken aback and now have lots of questions. We are trying to get a follow up appointment with the Consultant.

The questions we have are around time scales, ie how quickly will his condition deteriorate? Are we talking months or years. He has it in his neck and they said it will impact swallowing but again we don’t know when and what options/assistance will be available.

He is being referred to the Pain Clinic so hopefully they may be able to help.

I would be happy to chat and we can share our experiences and perhaps help each other. Liz