New and seeking advice

Options
Nikisimbs7
Nikisimbs7 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi,

I’m newly diagnosed and will be starting methotrexate this week however I’m anxious about the side affects and when best to take it (day & time of day)

I work Monday - Friday and want to avoid feeling rubbish the whole time while working

any tips are welcome :)

Comments

• CarylW
    CarylW Member Posts: 274
    Options

Hello @Nikisimbs7

Welcome to our online community. We are a friendly group, and I'm sure you will get some response to your post from members who are already taking Methotrexate.

It's absolutely normal to be worried about the side effects of any drug, and I am posting a couple of links to our website, which I hope will give you some information:

I hope you will keep posting and let us know how you are getting on. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Caryl

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options

Hi @Nikisimbs7

Ok well loads of us take MTX so you are absoluteky not alone.

Some people have no side effects at all some have a bit which settles in time some need help with theirs.

Hopefully you'll be just fine, but if anything bothers you come on and ask one of us will try to help.

My advice is to take it in the evening before bed so you sleep off some of the effects. If you are tired it feels worse too so a day when you aren't working the next day so you can lie-in might be good too?

Best of luck and let us know how you get on

Toni x