Osteoarthritis, Fibromlysia,Syogrens syndrome,

Options
Anya
Anya Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi , i am new to this online group , so thankyou. I am part of my local community Arthritis care group , but feel like a ' imposter' attending as i am the youngest in the group ( im 58 yrs old). So joining an online community support group feels more acceptable. I am medically retired from my full time job as a Nurse due to my ill health. I am still struggling to come to terms with not being part of a ' workforce' , even though i had to reire in 2018. I feel isolated as i live on my own. But struggle to keep social contact due to the unpredictability of my ill health ' bad days'. And when im feeling 'Good' i love to do a bit of 'Therapeutic 'gardening.

Thankyou :)

Comments

• Louisa77
    Louisa77 Administrator Posts: 252
    Options

Hi @Anya

Welcome to the Online Community - we are a friendly supportive group, hope you experience this.

Age doesn't matter here we are all the same🤗

Keeping active is a big part of managing your condition, it can be difficult when you have to give up working at such a young age. Gardening is great therapy Tips for gardening with arthritis | Versus Arthritis.

One thing you could explore if you felt able was to volunteer, here is a little info if you're interested Volunteering (versusarthritis.org). We are always looking for volunteers on here too to help us keep this community safe.

Keep posting, pleased you found us.

Best wishes

Louisa

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Anya
    Anya Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Louisa, thankyou for the lovely warm welcome, and yes, volunteering might be something i woukd be interested in.

Many Thanks.

Anya:)

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

H Anya, i am 54 and have been suffering with constant pain for over 12 years so arthritis doesn’t really care about age, so if your actual care group made a difference and did you good then I suggest you carry on going to that, but we are very glad to have you here too so if you do, don’t leave us please 😁