Struggling with Pain

Options
LauraC81
LauraC81 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi all. I have recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knee. I was born with issues with my hip and ended up needing a hip replacement but wasn't successful so has left me in alot of pain. Struggling to now cope with the pain in my hip and knee. Physio has advised to try and lose weight which l'm trying to do. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on coping with pain please?

Laura

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @LauraC81

Welcome to the Online Community. I'm sure you will find the support you need from everyone here.

I understand from your post that you had an unsuccessful hip operation and are also now diagnosed with Osteoarthritis (?) in your knee too. Your physiotherapist has advised you to try to lose weight. This is not easy when your mobility is restricted, but this might be of interest to you?

You ask for tips managing pain so while you wait for our members to come along with their stories maybe this might help:

Now that you've introduced yourself please d look around the rest of the forum and join in wherever you feel comfortable. Living with Arthritis tends to be a very popular category.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options

Hi @LauraC81

Sorry to hear you are struggling with so much pain😕

i ahve lots of non-medicinal things I try from Ice packs, microwaveable wheatbags, my tens machine and MSN cream massaged in.

Some here swear by capsaicin which is prescription only but has been in scarece supply of late.

Take care

Toni x