New here - knee replacement
Hi I’m Hannah and I live in East London. I’ve had osteoarthritis for around 15 years. My knees have always been the worst affected although I do also have some issues with my lower back, hips and hands. I had my left knee replaced in 2021 and have had the same on my right knee last week. I know from previous experience that it’s not going to be all better quickly but I have been struggling a lot with pain. The physiotherapist is very happy with I'm doing however, so that’s something.
I also have fibromyalgia which I think just likes to throw extra spanners in the works. My fibromyalgia is generally well controlled, I have a full time job (which has been made easier since Covid with part time home working) and a fairly busy life.
I look forward to getting to know people here.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe