Adalimumab/Biologics

Options

Hi has anyone experienced very low mood whilst on Adalimumab. It is mentioned on the side effects. After every injection - a few days after the low mood/depression starts. It seems to be getting worse the more weeks go on. Due to see consultant next week.

I have psoriatic arthritis.

Comments

• Shirley23
    Shirley23 Moderator Posts: 25
    Options

Hello @MSimpkins and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience too.

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing symptoms of low mood and depression since starting Adalimumab. This can really drag you down and is a lot to cope with in addition to the symptoms of psoriatic arthritis. I am glad to hear you have an appointment coming up with your consultant next week which will be a good opportunity to talk things through. The rheumatology nurse helpline can usually be contacted between clinic appointments. It may also help to talk to your GP about how you are feeling.

If you would like to have more replies to your post, you are welcome to repost on our other forums as well, including Say Hello, and Chat to Helpline. Our online community is a supportive space where you can ask questions and share experiences with others facing similar challenges.

I hope the information given below will be of some help.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their support and experience as well.

Best wishes,

Shirley23 (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Free Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm