I wonder if you can offer me any advice. I have recently seen on the television that the shingles vaccine is now being offered to people over 50 who are immunosuppressed.
I am in my early 50s and have RA. I am taking Hydroxychloroquine tablets and have Tocilizumab Infusions every 4 weeks.
I was told a few years ago that I should not have the shingles vaccine, I think because it is a live vaccine, due to the fact that I was taking immunosuppressant medication.
I therefore wondered if you have any information and advice as to whether it is safe to have the vaccine when I am on immunosuppressant medication.
Thank you very much.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe