Hip arthritis and hip bursitis

I have severe hip arthritis which is deteriorating rapidly. My other hip is moderate but has since developed a bursitis, which is mega painful. Along with the other hip pain I can barely walk. My surgery have me booked in for a cortisol jab on 9th Nov! I know a cortisone jab in the hip joint of the hip to be operated on delays the op for 3 months. If its just the bursa on the other hip does that delay the op? Has anyone else experienced this?

I can only take Paracetamol and Codeine which don't seem to touch it. Because I'm on blood thinners.