Recovery from hip replacement surgery
My name is Jan (65) and I am one week post Total hip replacement (27/09/23). This is following a diagnosis of severe degenerative OA in both hips. I had very little mobility before the operation and was only able to walk using crutches so very rarely even left the house.
Unfortunately because I still need the other hip doing it does make doing the exercises a little difficult but I am determined to do them and recover as quickly as possible so I can go ahead with the second operation.
My question is, other than the exercises given to me what else should I be doing? I am walking around the house (bungalow) with my crutches but other than that I sit and read/knit or watch TV and this seems a bit lazy! Admittedly I can’t do too much but any ideas or suggestions would be very much appreciated.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe