Hip Osteoarthritis

Options

Hello

First time posting on here! I am 31 Years Old and have osteoarthritis of the right and left hip, caused by femoral acetabular impingement. This has been ongoing for 4 years now. It's taken a lot of time and money to get to a point of managing the issue. I do extensive physio and hydrotherapy pool which really helps! My question is about acute flare ups which I've managed to reduce to about once a month. I'm currently in the middle of one right now. How do people cope with these flare ups? Do people take any particular remedies?

My flare ups are usually caused by uncomfortable tight sitting areas such as buses, cars, theatre seats, football matches etc.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 798
    edited 6. Oct 2023, 16:19
    Options

Hi @dave_wilding_1

welcome to the online community,great to see you posting.

You write that you have Osteoarthritis off Right and left Hips,caused by acetabular impingment.You wouls like to know more about flare ups and how others deal with them

Thought this link may help you in some way.Do go onto our forums and chat to others as they may have coping routes that would be good for you

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm