Pain relief options.
I'm an active 45 year old male who has bilateral severe arthritis, im trying to delay the inevitable surgery due to age. Im trying all the routes ie - weight loss, exercise, capsicum cream, omega 3's, Turmeric, Voltarol Gel and paracetamol. Im at the stage where the pain now makes me need to try 'prope'r pain relief.
I have a prescription for Naproxen and some in my drawer. I know they work quite well as took one last year and helped with pain yet I'm a bit nervous to take them due to all the bad press they get.
Am I being silly and should I just get on with taking them?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe