Operation date

Options
Newyear
Newyear Member Posts: 20
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hello, so I eventually had my pre op on the 18th August. The surgeon told me I should have had my operation the December before as I was put on a 3 month wait. That was 13 months ago! I’m wondering how long people have had to wait once they have had their pre op? Oh it’s a hip replacement I’m waiting for. I’ve had the necessary equipment delivered from the hospital for after the operation. Many thanks!

Comments

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 539
    Options

Hi @Newyear

When I've had surgeries if you've not had surgery within three months they have to redo the pre op tests to be in the safe side so hopefully soon.

Trish xx

• Newyear
    Newyear Member Posts: 20
    Options

Thank you, I had my op on the 5th December with it being really successful however I’m now 3+ weeks on and I had slight arthritis in opposite hip and knee. I have found now that this pain is really bad! Could it be due to the excersises ? I’m so frustrated as opperated hip really good but struggling a lot with other side

• swimmer60
    swimmer60 Member Posts: 202
    Options

@Newyear

I think that's quite common TBH. The arthritis in your "bad" is so painful you don't notice the pain elsewhere. Also your "good" hip has been doing a lot of the work for the other hip and this now may be a kind of reaction? Now your "good" hip has to do a lot of adjusting. I'd definitely keep up with the exercises though, do you do them on both sides? Is one especially painful when you do it? I'd avoid that one if so.

My x-ray showed arthritis in my "good" hip and I know that down the line I'll need a replacement there too. Many people need both in the end. I'm putting all thoughts of that right off for at least a year though!