Hello, I'm New - Misconceptions
My arthritis began the nanosecond I turned 40. By 50, the pain had escalated enough to seek medical attention. My Dr. said " it's arthritis, not really anything we can do about that." By 60, my thumbs were essentially useless and in custom braces to manage the pain.
My new Dr sent me for x-rays, then to an Orthopedic Specialist for my now severe arthritis. One cortisone injection to the base of the thumb and I can use the hand again...I can open jars!
Education about Arthritis is crucial and needs to start with the medical community. I won't get back the decades of unnecessary pain, limited movement and diminished quality of life. Hopefully by sharing our experiences and the collective power of our voices will bring about positive change.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe