Hello

Options
Janebuckland
Janebuckland Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone

I have osteoarthritis in my hands mostly in my thumbs, iv recently had an operation 1st aug my thumb has bone removed and has been fused, the base of thumb no longer moves , if it takes the pain away I’ll be happy with that, hand is still very swollen but been assured it’s normal

was wondering if anyone has experienced this kind of surgery and how long was the recovery time

thanks in advance

jane

Comments

• Hi @Janebuckland

Welcome to our Online Community, thank you for taking the time to join us, we are a friendly group of people and hope that your experience with us will be helpful in the future.

Thank you for sharing with us about your operation, we are sorry to hear that it is still swollen but hope that you are still not experiencing pain with it. Have you tried ice for the swelling, you could try wrapping a bag of frozen vegetables or a pack of ice in a damp cloth and apply that to you thumb, that may help with the swelling.

I hope that one of our group members will be able to share their experience with you so that it will help you.

Best wishes

Chris (Moderator)