Arthrosamid

Options
Gloria126
Gloria126 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi, I’m Gloria and have severe knee arthritis and now need knee replacements, however before going through this, I have come across, via the internet, this new injectable treatment called Arthrasomid, a recently licensed treatment for knee osteoarthritis. It’s not yet available on the NHS and is quite expensive privately.

Have any of you in this community heard of it or had the treatment? I would be very grateful if you could let me know if you have found it successful, Would be very grateful for any comments or advice. Thanks

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 684
    Options

Hi @Gloria126  

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum. 

You suffer with knee arthritis and are considering knee replacements. You’ve recently heard about a treatment called Arthrasomid and would like to hear from any forum members who have come across this treatment. 

It’s certainly not anything I’ve come across before and searching the forum plus our website there’s no mention. This doesn’t mean that there won’t be any members who have heard of it. 

I hope you receive some useful feedback/advice. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    Options

Hi @Gloria126 there do seem to be trials going on.

I am so cautious about anything which isn't NHS approved to be honest but that's just me.

It seems to be licensed for knees in the UK (maybe).

Personally I'd wait until the results of the trial (looks like they are 5 years though), but can understand anyone wanting to give it a go now.

If you go ahead will you let is know how you get on?

See this thread someone here tried it:

Toni x