Started getting stiffness and pain in my thumb, shoulder, thighs and feet in the summer of 2021, age 34.
Roll the clock on to summer 2023 and I’ve finally been diagnosed with seronegative inflammatory arthritis. Spread to my knees and ring finger now, resulting in pain and swelling. No swelling in my knees or feet luckily.
Been on and off naproxen and paracetamol for nearly 2 years. Just started on sulfazaline. 2 months in and little effect yet, but I’m hopeful. Started on prednisolone yesterday (got enough for 4 weeks) as the stiffness in my upper legs and shoulder is just not easing up and effecting my daily life, and I’m virtual pain free! Feel like my old self. Sounds like I can’t use steroids long term, which is sad, as it works!
have come to this community for advice and shared experiences. And the hope one day I’ll feel my normal self again!
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe