Camping with arthritis...

Options
JoolsJools
JoolsJools Member Posts: 2
edited 14. Oct 2023, 14:13 in Sports and Hobbies

Hey all, My name is Jools & I have just joined. I have inflammatory arthritis and on biologic therapy. What an amazing bunch of people here. I write a little blog that I wanted to share one of my pieces today as its world arthritis day. It's about camping and arthritis. xxx

Jools

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 763
    Options

Hello @JoolsJools welcome to the online community

You have inflammatory arthritis which appeared when you were first pregnant, this is a rare occurrence but as you will see on the attached link it does happen occasionally. It sounds as if this has caused a readjustment to your lifestyle but not dampened your enthusiasm for camping and outdoor living.

I attach a link which you might find interesting

https://www.versusarthritis.org/news/2020/october/pregnancy-and-arthritis-tips-for-new-mums/

It is great to receive a such a positive and encouraging post and we hope that you will continue to join us with similar messages and occasional links to your blog if they are arthritis related. I did enjoy reading your blog and hope that our members do as well. Maybe you can post more tips in the Sports and Hobbies section.

Thank you for your message to mark World Arthritis Day October 12th.

Best wishes

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Scrimcat
    Scrimcat Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi Jools

I have just read your blog, really helpful thanks. I am just back from a weekend camp with Scouts where it rained all weekend and I can't move my hands this morning! I am off to google compression gloves.

I also took a hot water bottle and made the mistake of standing up all day.

Off with the same bunch for a two week camp in Europe in the summer which hopefully should be warmer but your advice is great, thank you I will be taking a couple of points forward! Luckily hubby is coming too and he has arranged for my big pack to be transported separately.

• LennartU
    LennartU Member Posts: 5
    Options

It's unfortunate that the weather wasn't great! But it’s great that you and your husband are going to Europe in the summer - I hope it will be warmer and sunnier there!