Hello!

Options
LucyC
LucyC Member Posts: 7

My name is Lucy, age 66 and I hate not being able to do things because of widespread osteoarthritis! Sorry, I’m having a moan but missed out on so much stuff with the grandkids. Recently had a hip op (not a street dance), to repair a tendon on my hip. Recovery is very slow but getting there.

I was also diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis on the top of both feet, which has calmed down considerably when I’ve been recovering from hip op, but is starting to flare again as I move about more. I was told by a rheumatologist that it is likely I will need foot surgery too in the next few years. Does anyone else feel bad, when they put their family through yet another op, slow recovery, so family have to change their plans, do more, etc? Sorry folks, I’m a right moan and maybe I shouldn’t have posted today and waited for a more positive time! I’m just feeling sorry for myself, which I know I shouldn’t be, because I’m luckier than a lot of people, who don’t have something which can be treated, perhaps don’t have family to help them. Thank you for providing me with a place to express my feelings! Lucy

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,637
    Options

@LucyC

Have you asked your family whether they mind helping you while you recover from procedures? I suspect they don't mind at all. I also think your Grandchildren probably love you just as much as if you were going up a climbing wall with them! Time and love is all children need after all isn't it?

Each procedure helps you to be more able so chances are they are happy to help. Short term pain for long term gain!

Sometimes posting on a 'down' day is really a good idea.

I am just going to attach a link which you can read if you want to:

Keep posting and take care.

Ellen.