New to the community

Options
Chimad58
Chimad58 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi, I am new to the site, I have arthritis in my hands and really struggle on occasions. I am hoping for advice, any welcome, lol, I work as a nurse one day a week, complements of the Government as they put my state pension off for 6 yrs!!!

The left is worse than the right, my hands get stiff, and hurt doing normal, everyday tasks. I had a knuckle joint replaced in my middle finger last November, movement not good, but pain is much less.

I take turmeric, and glucosamine. I use paracetamol regularly. No support from the GP, no advice etc.

So if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hello @Chimad58 and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have arthritis in your hands and looking for suggestions as to how to help this. I understand fully as I too have arthritis in my hands (osteoarthritis) and I take Co-codamol and also use Capsaicin cream, both of which I get on prescription.

and also you might find the following of use.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you soon.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• tickymilo
    tickymilo Member Posts: 2
    Options

I’m not too good at this do I’m sorry if I am writing in the wrong place So…I’m new to the group sadly not new to arthritis I have had it for quite a few years I have always coped with the impact it’s had until now The last 12 months have been a rough I am very independent and active I have a wonderful family and husband however I am struggling I’m finding a lot of my everyday task’s challenging I have adapted so much and as always got on with it but now I feel like Alice going down the rabbit hole It’s awful I have recently tried new medication which has had such a devastating effect on the rest of my body it isn’t appropriate so am back on my old ones for now The pain is ongoing but last night went to new heights I have never felt such utter despair Today is a new day and I’m not going to be beaten I really would appreciate having an army beside me who are fighting the same enemy as myself Thank you for reading

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 684
    Options

Hi @tickymilo  

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum. 

You have suffered with arthritis for some time and have coped to date but your level of pain has recently accelerated which understandably is extremely challenging for you. 

Well, you’ve definitely come to the right place to share your experiences and seek support from others who have been through a similar journey. Just a suggestion, but it may be useful in helping forum members to respond if you’re happy to share the recent new medication you refer to. 

Here's a link that may be useful:

This is a link to another current discussion that you may wish to join in with:

I hope you receive some valuable input and that your symptoms become more manageable. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm