Paxlovid.

Options

After four weeks on my meds for RA and knowing I was going away I stopped taking them a week later, I have been suffering side effects and doubted whether I could get between the departure lounge and the plane seat! Of course I brought more home with me than I went with, Covid!

Being vulnerable I got in contact with the hotline and was given a course of Paxlovid, talking to the Pharmacist she advised against some meds including Tramadol and Codemol however she said hhmmm you might be ok with Paracetemol but to be careful. I wasn’t, a few minutes after the first dose and taking two Paracetemol to regulate my temperature I was laid out on top of the bed ( in that cold spell) sweating profusely with a racing heart, it did subside after an hour or so. Be aware, Paxlovid can alter other meds and raise and lower their effect.

I did restart my meds with just one tablet but suffered and felt hot skinned with muscle pains, headache and unwell, I am wondering if I still had the drug in me after a few days?

Comments

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 529
    edited 18. Oct 2023, 13:48
    Options

Hi @Airwave!

That sounds horrendous!

I suggest you send in a "yellow card" detailing your reaction. Too late to help you might help somebody else

I've added the link here just if it's not allowed and gets removed, internet search for yellow card medication

love n hugs

Trish xx

• Trish9556
    Options

Hi again @Airwave!

I've just checked the drug on the NHS site and I've never seen such a long list of medications not to be taken with a drug. I can't see paracetamol though so that may be an unknown.

The link is here https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/paxlovid/taking-paxlovid-with-other-medicines-and-herbal-supplements/

in case there's anything on there that you may have taken near to taking this drug that may still be in your system

Love n hugs

Tris xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options

Oh dear Airwave. I hope you're ok now? I took paxlovid when I got covid and paracetamol had no problems how scary. ((()))

Toni x

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options

Yes all ok now, I did report on the yellow card system. I’ve now been passed onto the ‘follow up team’ who are querying my meds, we’ll wait and see what they’ll restart me on?

pits a grin, honest!

• Trish9556
    Options

Hi @Airwave!

I'm glad you're feeling better and have had a result on the yellow card. I'd never heard of it until I had a reaction to one of my covid boosters. Every one of the pills, potions, patches and inhalers that I take is listed so I must remember if I'm offered that not to take it.

Love n hugs

Trish xx