Confused about advice from GP
Hi, I've been diagnosed with advanced OA (is 'advanced' a thing?) in my right foot with bone spurs near my big toe. I've also been diagnosed with OA in my hands. Since original diagnosis I have now been referred to Orthopaedics this week.
I have been given different advice and would appreciate some views. For the ongoing discomfort with occasional intense pain, one GP has prescribed Naproxen whilst another has advised just using paracetamol.
Also with reference to my toe, I was told to rest the feet. Yet in all the literature I read, movement is recommended. Before being diagnosed, I ran regularly and went to the gym.
Lastly, why do we get fatigue? It's really frustrating 😃
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe