New to group, looking for help.

Options
MaxB
MaxB Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

I have recently been diagnosed with Arthritis of the neck, which in turn causes me Cervicogenic Headaches. I am having trouble dealing with constant pain. Any help would be much appreciated. This site is new to me, and not sure how to access any replies should anyone be kind enough to reply.

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 758
    Options

Hello @MaxB welcome to the online community

You have arthritis of the neck and are looking for help about how to deal with constant pain. We are a safe and friendly group who offer support to anyone affected by living with arthritis. Many of us live with levels of pain which are eased through taking prescribed medication or/and complementary medicines and supplements. Alongside this we try to keep our minds and bodies as mobile as possible through different forms of exercise.

There are many types of medication available and gradually you and your medical team will find one ( or a combination) that will suit your needs.There are also gels and creams available some of which are on prescription and some over the counter.

Similarly there are a number of exercises that you might try which given time could ease your pain.

I will leave our members to share their experiences and tips, meanwhile I attach some links which I hope you will find helpful.

We are glad you found us and hope that you enjoy the support and friendship as part of our community. We look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Best wishes

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• MaxB
    MaxB Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you very much for your help.