Keeping hands warm

Options
ToniB
ToniB Member Posts: 5
edited 21. Oct 2023, 11:22 in Living with arthritis

i have Heberdens nodes, which at the moment are very painful, pain killers are not really doing much, I’ve looked at fingerless gloves, but they’re not long enough as it’s the joint at end of my fingers that’s affected, has anyone found anything that might help 😊

Comments

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 278
    Options

Hi @ToniB

After googling your condition I think I have same but was not aware of it just thought RA and osteoarthritis as advised by consultant in past.

I will however ask the question at my next visit to hospital appointment.

I do exercises and wear gloves and use a tens machine which helps me ???

Hope this helps

Take care @Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• ToniB
    Options

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for your reply, I wear full gloves when I’m not working, but I might look into getting some heated gloves, if there is such a thing 🤷‍♀️, I have a Tens machine, hadn’t thought of that, I will definitely give it a go, thank you, I’ve only ever seen 1 GP and that was during Covid, I’ve been managing it myself since then. Trying to get an appointment to see a GP is ridiculous 😠

Take care and thank you again ToniB

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 278
    Options

Thank you to for enlightening me with condition.

My tens machine has gloves which I bought as extra item, you plug then in to it.

I find really good not sure if allowed to give name but advertised on TV a lot with Ian Botham if that helps 🤣

Take care @Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• ToniB
    Options

🤣 Oooo I haven’t got the gloves will have a look for them 👍🏻

ToniB

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 529
    Options

Hi

I use Hot Hands which are available as a pack of two from most shops. Similar thi fa are available but not as good

They're little packs of magic which are air activated and fit perfectly in your hands and last about 12 hours. Pop them inside gloves or pop them inside your pockets. I buy them by the box from online selling sites. A lot cheaper that way.

Love n hugs

Trish xx

• ToniB
    Options

They sound good , thank you Trish

much love ToniB