New here

Options

Recently diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both knee’s, neck with cervicogenic headaches and right shoulder. Been referred to orthopaedic surgeon for right knee and neck as these areas are particularly bad. Also experiencing symptoms in right hip, left ankle, left wrist and hands so also being investigated to see if I have osteoarthritis there too. I’m only 39 and struggling with thoughts of what my future may be like as I’m already struggling so much. It would be good to hear from people who have experienced early onset osteoarthritis and any helpful advice is welcome. Thank you ☺️

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @Jem84 Welcome to the online community.

I see from your post that you have already been diagnosed with fairly widespread Osteoarthritis (OA) and that other joints are also being investigated too.

Osteoarthritis has got the reputation of being an older person's condition, but in fact many younger people to also have it. Many of our members started with their own OA at a young age too.

As your diagnosis is recent I wonder whether you'd like to read this information put together for people who have just been diagnosed. This is a unique time and can take some adjusting to:

Please do have a look around the forum and join in wherever you feel comfortable ask any questions people will help if they can

My best wishes

Ellen.