Fed up

Options
Hotpotfm
Hotpotfm Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hello folks, I’ve joined because I’m at a dead end, I have cervical spondylosis in the neck area and had titanium rods and man made vertebrae fitted to my lower spine, I have always been active in the past but over the last 5yrs or so I have become less so due to worsening problems, my legs go numb and give way after just walking a few hundred steps and is really worrying me now, the hospital have said that because of the area it is in on my neck an operation would be very risky and advise against it but , if I want them to do it they will, and, in my lower back metalwork they say that one of the screws is coming loose and would be dangerous to try and screw it back in as it could cause problems with the central nervous system, to add insult to injury, I applied for a blue badge to help with parking and have been turned down by them saying that because I said that I can walk round a supermarket or shopping centre (with the help of a shopping trolly or walking stick) I don’t qualify, I did ask my local MP AND MSP to assist in the matter but they had no luck either, so, going forward it looks like I will just get more and more housebound as the years go on. Sorry for the long post but just needed to vent my frustration.

Comments