hand massager

SLJ
SLJ Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Does anyone have a recommendation/advice for electric hand massagers? I have osteoarthritis in my fingers and wrists

Comments

• CarylW
    CarylW Member Posts: 274

Hello @SLJ

Welcome to our online forum. We are a friendly group and our members will always try and help with support and information.

I understand you are looking for an electric hand massager for osteoarthritis in your fingers and and wrists. I am posting some links to information on our website which you may find useful until you get some responses.

Do keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.

Best wishes

Caryl

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 674

Hi @SLJ

A couple of things you could try instead of a electric massager, all if which have helped me post trapeziectomy surgery and still now 3 years later, are

Therapy balls - these are little egg shaped balls that fit perfectly into your hand for pushing and squeezing your fingers into. Will also strengthen your fingers. They come in a pack of different strengths so good for those bad days but you can also use the harder ones in good days

Therapy putty - think play doh for adults! Like the therapy balls they come in a pack of different strengths and so easy to pull, stretch, squeeze and dig your fingers into to tear apart. Again excellent for keeping your hands working.

E45 cream, or something similar. Make sure it's really thick and gloopy in a tub rather than a bottle or tube and simply use liberally and massage into your hands and wrists. This is also excellent for post surgery wound care when the stitches have been removed and it has healed over.

You can use these techniques as much as you like, even just sitting watching TV.

Love n hugs

Trish xx