Newly diagnosed

Options
dmelvo
dmelvo Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi, I'd like to introduce myself, I have just been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my left hip after having ongoing pain since March. I enjoy running so trying to get the pain under control so I can keep running. I don't feel I've had much support from my GP so trying to get as much information as I can.

Comments

• CarylW
    CarylW Member Posts: 274
    Options

Hello @dmelvo

Welcome to the online forum. We are a friendly group and will try and help each other out with information and support. I hope you soon get some responses to your message and that you will also find you can respond to others.

I understand that you have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis of the left hip, and are trying to get the pain under control so you can keep on running. It is certainly beneficial to keep moving as much as you can, and I am sure others will comment on the levels of exercise that are possible. I am putting some links to information on our website which I hope will be a helpful start:

Do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.

Best wishes

Caryl

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• MichelleDownes
    Options

Morning I was told in August that I have secondary arthritis caused by hip dysplasia. The surgeon was really dismissive with me in February so we were both in shock when we realised how bad it is. I'm on the hip replacement waiting list now, I'm in Central Scotland, he said it would be about 25weeks until my surgery. I'm 43, and struggle to walk, I'm about to get back into swimming and try to loose some weight. I have to say my doctors have been fantastic but it has been a long process. My physio gave me the details for this group yesterday, it's very informative and helpful.

• CarylW
    CarylW Member Posts: 274
    Options

Hello @MichelleDownes

Welcome to the online forum. We are a friendly group and will try and help each other out with information and support. You have already posted in response to @dmelvo which is great! Remember you are most welcome to post on your own behalf as well.

Best wishes

Caryl

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm