Hello

Options
1963 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi

just been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis ??? who’d know that psoriasis goes into your joints ! Nightmare!

I’m on MXTand a biological ( name ? Sorry in the fridge downstairs)

struggleing

Comments

• Loggiemod
    Loggiemod Member Posts: 220
    Options

Hello @1963 and welcome. Have you had a look at the Versus Arthritis website? It has a lot of useful information which might help, such as

Good to have you with us

• Rina
    Rina Member Posts: 85
    edited 31. Oct 2023, 17:49
    Options

I’m sorry you’re struggling @1963. I’ve got rheumatoid arthritis, not psoriatic, but I do know some days are good and some days are awful, and they all pass. So hold on and keep going, Rina 🤗

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 711
    Options

Hi @1963

I come from a family of psoriasis sufferers - my father and 4 siblings all had/have psoriasis but I'm the only one with PsA. I was diagnosed with PsA in 2020. I'm on sulfasalazine, methotrexate and the adalimumab biosimilar Amgevita. Neither sulfasalazine ( 4 months) nor sulfasalazine and MTX (another 5 months) worked for me. About 3 weeks after my first Amgevita injection I started to feel an improvement. After 2 months of being on all 3 drugs the improvement was significant. During that time I had regular steroid injections which helped - initially into individual joints and then general steroid injections into my rear. These gave 4-6 weeks respite at a time. I was also referred to a pain management consultant, physiotherapy and occupational therapy.

I initially assumed the medical establishment would have my best interests at heart and process my needs quickly. I've since come to the conclusion that I need not to be a passenger in my treatment and need to express my requirements in a forthright manner.

I hope you get something that works for you soon.