I was diagnosed with OA over 5yrs ago. Had it under control but this year pain has got worse. Had IM steroid injection but only lasted a month, before it lasted 6! In last 2 months my ankles swollen on both over ankle bone bad and slightly on inside of joint too. Thought it could be RA. Can you have both types of arthritis together?
I saw physiotherapist at gp office. She said you can't. I asked if i could have a scan as this was new symptom ive had that isnt easing. She said no cos ive been diagnosed with OA and its that.
I still want a scan, is there anyway i can get one done? Im hoping to see my rhumatologist soon but he said it will be my last visit with him.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 675 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 14 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 334 Chat and News
- 30 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe