Options
Hazel1952
Hazel1952 Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi,I'm a new member I'm 71 years old and am suffering with severe stage 4 bone on bone arthritis in both knees,one knee is even worse than the other. Some days I can't even walk as the pain is extremely debilitating. I can't walk about very long if I go shopping which I do have to as got nobody to do it for me,cause the pain gets unbearable,and I cannot stand in a queue as I find it too painful. My quality of life has gone,I can't go on day trips or holidays now cause I just cannot walk about,I'd be in agony with the pain. I've tried paracetamol, ibuprofen gel and even Pure Extracts Massage oil you rub into the knees but none of them work at all,even flexiseque that you rub into the knees doesn't do anything for the pain. I'm going to try taking Tumeric/ curcumin capsules plus omega 3 fish oil next but I don't suppose it'll do much good. I can't consider surgery as I don't know if I'd survive the GA as have so many other health issues also,including a weight issues,heart,asthma, etc so I just don't know what to do about it anymore,then I came across this community so thought I'd join.

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hello @Hazel1952 and welcome to our friendly and supportive Community. I hope that will be your experience as well.

I see that you are considering taking supplements - are you on pain relief from your GP as well? Supplements and complimentary treatments have differing amounts of impact on different people and what works for one does not work for another, you will just need to experiment. I've put in below a link to some information we have, I hope it will help.

Please keep posting now you are here and let us know how you are getting on. I always think of the Community as new friends some similar to how arthritis impacts me - I just haven't met them yet.

With very best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm